Friday, May 8, 2015

Fundamental Post Baby Changes

I am now almost 6 months postpartum and have begun to notice some really really super serious fundamental changes to my personality. Things I would have never thought or done before are now commonplace. Below are 6 examples of what I mean.


Leggings are absolutely acceptable pants.
In my 20s I talked a lot of shit on women who wore leggings as pants. Especially when they weren't the most fit people. Well thank you world, because you have taught me a lesson. Spandex are 100% fine to wear out anywhere at anytime. You see, even though I've lost the majority of my 'baby weight', my body is not the same. Things are in different places. My pre-pregnancy pants were bought for a body that doesn't exist anymore. It's not about being fatter or bigger, its about being a different shape. I don't think I would have worn pants at all in the months after giving birth if it wasn't for these stretchy gifts from god. So legging ladies, I formally apologize for my stupid judgmental ways.



I. Love. Chocolate.
During my pregnancy I started to get a sweet tooth for the first time in my life. I have always liked savory or salty over sweet. I wondered if post pregnancy my old taste buds would return... nope. I have not gone a day since I had my son without having a taste of something chocolate. Those who know me will understand how huge of a change this is because I actually disliked chocolate before. I now see what everyone was talking about. I have been converted and it is amazing/dangerous.

Baths are a mom's private oasis.
I started taking baths while pregnant because my entire body ached. Now, when I can, I take a bath because it is the only time I get to be completely alone in a relaxing and quiet environment.

It's just pee.
Before I had my son I never thought or uttered the words 'it's just pee'. Now it happens on a daily basis. When you have a baby (or at least a baby boy) you have a very steep learning curve when it comes to bodily functions. I can no longer count the amount of times I have been peed on, touched a blanket with pee on it, or ignored a bit of pee because it just doesn't bother me anymore.

F you loud vehicles.
I have developed a deep hate for all loud vehicles. It doesn't help that I live in a city with a lot of good 'ol boys who like their trucks to be big and loud. It seems every time a loud vehicle drives by the house my son is napping or has just gone to bed. Every time this happens I severely curse the person driving.

No alarms needed.
In my life before baby I relied on alarms to wake me up. Now it's guaranteed that my son will wake up earlier than I would ever set an alarm for. It doesn't matter what time he goes to bed, I will always get a 6am-ish wake up call.


So as you can see I am basically a totally different person now ;)
What are some of the super serious changes to you after baby?


No comments:

Post a Comment